About the Institute
The Government Institute of Electronics, Secunderabad is established by Government of Andhra Pradesh in the year 1981 through GO Ms No.1003, LEN&TE Dept.Dated:11-12-1981 as a statewide Polytechnic. The institute is offering the following programmes
1. Diploma in Computer Engineering
2. Diploma in Electronics & Communications Engineering
3. Diploma in Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
4. Diploma in Biomedical Engineering
5. Diploma in Electronics & Video Engineering
6. Diploma in Embedded Systems Engineering
7. Diploma in Artificial Intelligence.
8. Diploma in Cyber Physical Systems and Security
9. Diploma in Cloud Computing and Big data
The intake of each program is 60. i.e., a Total of 540 seats in the institution and the policy of reservation of seats is as per the guidelines of Government of Telangana State. The programmes are all of 3 year duration with the last V/VI semester compulsory industrial training. Also core Electronics subjects are common to all Diploma programmes in addition to branch specific specialization subjects.
The minimum qualification required for admission into the programmes is SSC and aspiring candidates need to take POLYCET (Polytechnic Common Entrance Test) conducted by State Board of Technical Education and Training (SBTET) Telangana State. The test is usually conducted in the month of April Last week/May first week of every year. The POLYCET top rankers of the state opt this institute.
" To ensure such efficiency and effectiveness of the education process that the institution will achieve 0% drop-out rate , 100% pass , and 100% job placement of the students enrolled. "