1. Brief history of the Province (Wanaparthy Samstanam)
Late Sri J.Raja Rameshwar Rao was the Prince of a small Province (Samsthanam) till independence. His province was constituted 124 villages under Wanaparthy.Telanagana (Hyderabad State) was under the Nizam Rule before independence. During the Nizam Rule, Veera Krishna Reddy belonging to Reddy Rajulu, migrated from Kadapa, Rayalaseema Region to Pebbair Mandal Wanaparthy Taluq in the name of trade development.
He established Suguru as the Capital of his province to rule 124 Villages. The first Rama Krishna Rao established the Wanaparthy as Capital of Province in the place of Suguru in 1817A.D.One of the successors of his forefather’s the First Maharaja Rameshwara Rao ruled this Province from old castle i.e., Patha Kota of Wanaparthy.
After his demise, his 3rd wife Rani Shankaramma ruled this Province from 1886 to 1892. She was the founder of the seven Oceans in this Province namely 1) Shankara Samudram, Kanayapally, 2) Krishna Samudram, Ranipet, 3) Ganapa Samudram, Ghanapur, 4) Ranga Samudram, Sri Rangapur, 5)Mahabhoopala Samudram, Pebbair, 6) Venugopala Samudram, Sankireddypally and 7) Jatapala Samudram Veltoor. Many developments like irrigation, Cultivation, Telugu Literature, Water for drinking took place all over the Province in her regime.
Meanwhile, Ram Sagar Bangalow the present polytechnic palace was built in 1895 A.D. and then the administration was shifted to this Bangalow from the old castle i.e., Patha kota. After Rani Shankaramma’s demise the second Raja Rameshwar Rao came to the throne and ruled the Wanaparthy Province. He had two sons namely Krishna Deva Rao, Ram Deva Rao and a daughter.
Krishna Deva Rao was the successor of second Raja Rameshwar Rao and he ruled Wanaparthy Province for a short period and died in 1924 at the age of 21 years. After Krishna Deva Rao’s demise, Sri J. Raja Rameshwar Rao became Prince of the Province. He was a voracious reader, a poet, a good administrator and a man of prudence. During 1940’s Telangana armed struggle against the Nizam’s RulesSri Raja Rameshwar Rao struggled lot Rule for the deliverance of his province from Nizam’s control. It is said that Nizam tried to kill Raja Rameshwar Rao, but he went underground.
After Independence Sri Raja Rameshwar Rao met Late Sri Pandit Javaharlal Nehru and Sri Sardhar Vallabai Patel with the help of Commander General Mr. J.N. Chowdhary. Late Sri. J. Raja Rameshwar Rao merged the province into the Union Government before Nizam surrendered his Hyderabad State into Union Government of India in September 1948 directly. After the kings’ regime, they turned in to the secular and political rule. Smt. Kumidini Devi W/o Ram Deva Rao aunty of J. Raja Rameshwar Rao, became an MLA of Wanaparthy constituency for two terms after getting independence. In 1957 General elections, Janumpally Raja Rameshwar Rao elected to Lok Sabha from the Mahabubnagar parliamentary constituency, thus the king became an M.P. and He served as an M.P for 23 years. Sri Raja Rameshwar Rao built the Sarala Sagar Project with Siphon system, which was the first of its kind in Asia after becoming the M.P. It is the great and the first achievement towards irrigation development for this backward area. For the Engineers it is a great inspiration till to date.
2. About The Establishment of K.D.R Govt. Polytechnic, Wanaparthy
Late Sri Raja Rameshwar Rao the Raja of Wanaparthy Samstanam had foresight for technical education and he contributed his own palace along with 18 acres of land and other buildings situated in this campus.
This institute has lighted technical roads of the nation and the lives of thousands of families by giving technical education to many underprivileged people.
This polytechnic was started by late Sri Raja Rameshwar Rao of Wanaparthy and inaugurated by our honorable first Prime Minister of India Sri PANDIT JAWAHAR LAL NEHRU on the auspicious day of Vijaya Dashimi on 11TH OCTOBER 1959. Some important political personalities like Sri Neelam Sanjeeva Reddy the then Chief Minister of A.P., Sri Kasu Bramhananda Reddy the then Minister for planning, Sri S.B. Pattabi Ramaiah the then Minister for Education, Sri D. Sanjeevaiah Minister for Labour, Sri P. Thimma Reddy the then Minister Agriculture graced the inaugural function.
The Honorable Prime Minister Sri Pandit Javaharlal Nehru in his message expressed his desire that the outgoing students of this institution should serve the society not only in Andhra Pradesh but also Globally.
This institute started with three courses, L.C.E., L.E.E., and L.M.E. with an intake of forty in each branch totaling to 120 with full fledged infrastructure including Hostel accommodation for boy’s students. This institution was under private management up to 07-07-1970 and it was taken over by the Govt. of A.P. on 08-07-1970. In the beginning era of the institution many students from different part of country and also from neighboring countries like Button and Bangladesh have studied at this institution and enriched their lives. It earned a special name in the state of Andhra Pradesh by giving education to the students of all districts of A.P. Most of the students who studied at this institution have become engineers and occupied prominent position in society all over the country and abroad by fulfilling the dreams of our first Prime Minister Sri Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru. Gradually some other courses like Diploma in commercial practice, Diploma in Applied Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering, Diploma in Pharmacy were introduced. Now the intake in to all the six courses in to First Year is 360 and this polytechnic is accommodating about 1000 students in total for all the three years.